Furpocalypse has instituted a COVID-19 Policy in response to the ongoing pandemic. The requirements below have been adopted based on the stricter of the two; local/state requirements and guidelines published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to provide the safest and most comfortable environment possible for all our attendees and staff. Please be aware that guidelines and local requirements can change, especially if COVID-19 cases increase or if new variants surface.
Furpocalypse will require anyone who is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend the convention.
What is needed to qualify as vaccinated?
- The vaccine must be approved by US FDA, Health Canada, or by an internationally-recognized health authority such as the World Health Organization
- The required number of initial doses for the specific vaccine have been administered*
- The vaccine has been administered no less than 14 days prior to arrival at the convention
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination**
- Paper Vaccination Record
- Digital record such as a vaccination tracking app
- Digital facsimile in the form of a clear and legible photo of the vaccination record
*Please check the requirements for the vaccination you received ( i.e. 1 dose Johnson & Johnson, 2 doses Moderna, etc.)
**Visual verification only, NO personal health information will be collected
Do I need to have had a vaccine booster shot?
According to the above-listed internationally-recognized health authorities, a booster shot against COVID-19 is highly recommended for all individuals who are able to receive one. We recommend receiving a booster prior to attendance of the con, though inclusion of a booster shot in vaccination history is not mandatory for attendance.
- Attendees may show proof of a negative COVID-19 Antigen test administered no more than 48 hours prior to arrival at the convention***
- Attendees may show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test administered no more than 72 hours prior to arrival at the convention***
***Test must be administered by a healthcare provider such as a doctor's office, walk-in clinic, or an authorized COVID-19 testing location. At-home COVID-19 tests will not be accepted.
Furpocalypse's mask requirements are based on the COVID Community Level, recommendations by the CDC for large gatherings, and careful consideration of the health and safety needs of our community, which encompasses our staff, our volunteers, and you, our attendees. Face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth must be worn while in convention space. Convention space is designated as: Main Events, Dealers Den, Tabletop and Video Game Rooms, Panels, Registration and Con Ops, Movie Room, Charity, Art Show, Artist Alley, Photo Room, and Headless Lounge. We strongly encourage attendees and staff to wear masks while in all areas of the hotel, lobbies and hallways, to prevent the spread of COVID and other communicable diseases.
Fursuiters and Costumers - You will need to wear a mask under your costume/fursuit head while in convention space if any part of your mouth or nose are exposed through the costume/fursuit head. (Balaclavas and neck gators are acceptable coverings for fursuiters and costumers only) While using the Headless Lounge, balaclavas and neck gators are acceptable face coverings while temporarily removing your head for use of the room. It is advised that those removing their heads maintain social distance out of consideration for others.
Stage performers/dance competitors - You will be able to perform on stage without a mask, whether in fursuit or not. You will need to be masked while back-stage and re-mask when your performance is over.